Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sabudana khichadi & JFI-Peanut

This is the most simple khichadi one can make with very few ingredients & very little time excluding soaking. For roasing peanuts, you can use stove top method if you have lot of time with you or the microwave method. I always keep roasted peanuts ready with me, hence I make this khichadi very frequently since everybody in my family likes it.
Ingredients:
1 C Sabudana/Tapioca/Sago soaked for 4-5 hours
3/4 C Peanuts Powder/ crushed peanuts
1/2 tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
2-3 Green Chillies cut into medium pieces
1 tsp Oil/Ghee
1/4 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp coconut fresh/frozen (Optional)

How to make it....
Heat oil/ghee in a deep kadhai. Mix the peanuts powder, salt & sugar in sabudana.
When the oil is hot enough add Jeera & green chillies, and then the sabudana mixture.
Give a nice stir. Add the coconut. Reduce the flame & put a lid on the kadhai.
Open it after 5-7 minutes, give a stir again. Switch off the cooking range & seve hot with some curd. Tastes the best with curd. Normally,we make it for every fastings i.e. upwaas.



I am sending this to Pavani's JFI-Peanuts which is brainchild of Indira.

2 comments:

Pavani said...

I love sabudhana khichdi except I always forget to soak them beforehand. Thanks for sending this over to JFI-Peanuts.

Sanghi said...

Kichdi looks yum! Perfect entry for the event!