Thursday, December 3, 2009

No-Egg, No Butter Carrot Cake

Today I wanted to make something very simple, and was in the mood to bake.  I had some carrots and bananas which I wanted to finish.  Decided to make this cake from here

What I used :

2 Cups Maida/All Purpose Flour
2 Cups carrots finely chopped/grated
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup dessicated dry coconut unsweetened
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
2 ripe bananas peeled and mashed
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk

What I did:
Instead of grating the carrots I used mini food processor and chopped the carrots.  I chopped 5 carrots for the 2 cups of gratings.  I pulsed the walnuts before chopping the carrots.  In a big bowl, sieve the all purpose flour and the baking soda.  Mix together the carrots, coconut, walnuts raisin and the flour.

In another bowl, mash and beat the banana till fluffy.  Add 1 cup Sugar, 1/2 cup oil, cardamom powder and mix with a hand mixie.  Add the flour mixture to this mix and run the hand mixie on the speed of 1.  Add the milk and run the mixie. 

Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.  I poured the batter in a 8x8 tray and a 1 quart pyrex glass bowl.  Bake it for 25-30 minutes and a delicious with no egg or butter cake is ready to serve.   Since today's baking was unplanned I could  not do any kind of  toppings but surely next time I am going to do it.

One more picture view from top:



1 comment:

Tara E said...

Great read thhankyou