Monday, June 15, 2009

Simla Mirchicha JhuNakaa

When I saw Priya's AFAM:Bell Peppers announcement, that spurt of second I decided to make this my favorite Simla Mirchicha JhuNaka. Its very simple to make. This is my Aai's recipe.



Ingredients:
1 Green Bell Pepper i.e. Simla Mirchi chop finely
1 Medium sized Onion finely chopped
4-5 Tbsp. Besan/Chana dal flour
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds/Rai
1 tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Dhania & Jeera Powder
2 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste

This is how I made it:
In a deep Kadhai, heat oil.
Once the oil is hot add the rai & jeera, add onion & the simla mirachi. At this point of time, reduce the gas to low. Hence forth all throughout keep gas on low.
When the capscicum is cooked sprinkle the besan flour give a stir. Put the lid on.

Cook till done on a very low flame.
Tastes great with phulka/chapati.



No comments: